As a volunteer or staff member, you can use your time, skills, experience, and passion to help us have a positive impact in our city and world for Jesus. To register your interest for volunteer opportunities, email Pam Wilson at email@example.com, and let us know where your skill set lies and where you’d like to volunteer.
If you’d like to join our staff, check out our current job opportunities below. All applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org unless stated.
Human Resources and Payroll Administrator - Activate Faith Community Trust
Part-time (24 hours)
Activate Faith Community Trust is looking for a passionate and switched on Human Resources and Payroll Administrator to support our HR and finance functions across the Activate Group. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about God and Activate and aligns with our beliefs and values of Big Hearted, Courageous, Kingdom-focused, Belonging and Purposed.
This is a part-time role, working 24 hours per week split between HR and Payroll at Activate Faith Community Trust, ATC, and Activate’s other group entities. In this newly-created role, you’ll leverage your attention to detail and amazing administrative skills to ensure our payroll and HR admin is accurately recorded and up to date. You’ll manage the payrolls across the Activate entities, including setting up new employees, processing pay runs, updating data and information in the system and providing reporting information as necessary. On the HR side of things, you’ll maintain the accuracy of employee details and files, support recruitment, probity and on-boarding processes as well as exit processes. This is a high-trust role, and confidentiality is a must.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all Payroll and HR records are updated and maintained
- Completing payroll processes across the entities
- Maintaining the accuracy and integrity of employee files
- Conducting reference checks as required
- Ensuring all paperwork and probity processes are completed e.g. police vetting
- Strong administration skills and be conversant in MS Office
- Experience working on a payroll system – Datacom and Smart Payroll would be helpful
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A year’s experience in an HR or payroll admin role
- Basic knowledge of New Zealand employment law and the Holidays Act 2003.
- Strong attention to detail
- Hard-working and reliable
- Excellent time management skills
If you are keen to join our fabulous team, please email your application before 5th February 2021 to Jess Sole – email@example.com
TeenLink Youth Mentor - Community Link Trust
We’re looking for passionate and committed youth workers to join our team. The role would suit someone who is passionate about young people and being a positive role model to boys and young men. TeenLink provides a mentoring programme for at-risk youth and is part of Community Link Trust – a Christian organisation that supports and strengthens our community by responding to needs, challenges and opportunities. Community Link offers practical solutions for families and individuals facing challenging life issues.
We're looking for applicants who are available between 9-5 to support at-risk boys and young men during school hours, and after school. Our preference is for a Hamilton-based mentor who has previous experience working with youth.
As a TeenLink Youth Worker, you’ll:
- Mentor 9-18 year olds, providing them with strategies and empowering them to effectively manage themselves to deal with life’s obstacles in positive and appropriate ways
- Engage with the community, leveraging your emotional intelligence, social intelligence and ability to relate to all kinds of people to manage relationships with youth, their whanau, schools and various community organisations
- Collate resources and be creative in bringing them together to help implement change for your clients.
- Use your initiative.
- Effectively manage your time to ensure your clients are being seen and all paperwork is filled out correctly and filed on time for auditing.
Skills and Experience – You’ll have:
- Genuine passion for seeing young people empowered to make positive change in their lives
- Initiative – you’ll need to be motivated and a self-starter to engage with the community and see where you can meet needs
- Strong time management skills
- Must have Full Drivers Licence and own car
- High level of social and emotional intelligence
- Ability to engage, gain trust and communicate with a range of people from youth, to their families, to school principals and community organisations
- Good understanding of Te Ao Maori and the Treaty of Waitangi
If working with youth in a role where you’ll have influence and the ability to really help sounds like you, please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.