As a volunteer or staff member, you can use your time, skills, experience and passion to help us have a positive impact in our city and world for Jesus. To register your interest for volunteer opportunities, email Pam Wilson at email@example.com, and let us know where your skill set lies and where you’d like to volunteer.
If you’d like to join our staff, check out our current job opportunities below. All applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMUNITYLINK TRUST | CLEANER
We are looking for a committed and motivated cleaner to join our PropertyLink team. We have a part time opportunity available starting late Jan 2019. The role involves the cleaning of the Activate Church Hamilton premises for 15.5hrs per week (Mon, Wed & Fri). The successful candidate will have the flexibility to also clean the premises outside of these hours as requested for functions that take place on site. There will also be opportunities to pick up extra external hours as the need arises.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Honest and Reliable
- Past experience a plus
- Shows initiative
- Effective communicator
- Good team player
If this sounds like you, please send your application to email@example.com. Applications close 14th February.
COMMUNITYLINK TRUST | TEENLINK YOUTH MENTOR - MALE
Part-time, Start February 2019
We’re looking for a passionate and committed male youth workers to join our team. The successful mentors will be working up to 35hours a week, in a one on one capacity with a youth under the care of Oranga Tamariki (either care and protection or youth justice). This role would suit someone who really understands Te Ao Māori and Te Reo and has an empathetic, resilient and confident disposition. TeenLink provides a mentoring programme for at-risk youth and is part of Community Link Trust – a Christian organisation that supports and strengthens our community by responding to needs, challenges and opportunities. Community Link offers practical solutions for families and individuals facing challenging life issues.
As a TeenLink Youth Worker, you’ll:
- Mentor a young man one-on-one, preparing him to re-enter education and providing him with strategies, empowering him to effectively manage himself to deal with life’s obstacles in positive and appropriate ways
- Engage with him, leveraging your application of Te Ao Māori, emotional intelligence, social intelligence and ability to relate to all kinds of people to manage relationships with this young man, his school, social workers and various community organisations
- Collate resources and be creative in bringing them together to help implement change
- Effectively manage your time to ensure all paperwork is filled out correctly and filed on time for auditing
Skills and Experience – You’ll have:
- Genuine passion for seeing young people empowered to make positive change in their lives
- Initiative – you’ll need to be motivated and a self-starter to engage with the community and see where you can meet needs
- Strong time management skills
- High level of social and emotional intelligence
- Ability to engage, gain trust and communicate with a range of people from youth, to their families, to school principals and community organisations
- Good understanding of Te Ao Māori and the Treaty of Waitangi
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
If working with youth in a role where you’ll have influence and the ability to really help sounds like you, please email your covering letter and CV ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 14th of February.
COMMUNITYLINK TRUST | TRADESPERSON
We are looking for a committed, motivated and skilled tradie to join our PropertyLink team. We have a full-time opportunity available. This is a varied role, where no two days are the same! You’ll have the opportunity to work in a variety of areas, including property maintenance, painting, water blasting, deck and fence construction and bathroom upgrades as well as section maintenance – it just depends on the client. This is a role where you’ll use your initiative and be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
PropertyLink is a social enterprise and part of Community Link Trust, so you’ll be able to use your people skills to make a difference in our community. We are an awesome team with a difference – we are people-focused and want to see people in our community connected with the support they need.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A full, clean drivers licence
- A Trade Certificate/Apprenticeship (preferred)
- Experience in building, section maintenance, gardening, painting and general handyman work
- A healthy regard for safety and safe working practices
- A passion for seeing people supported in the community
- The ability to work by themselves, and in a team
If this sounds like you, please email your application to: email@example.com. Applications close 14th February.