We're heading towards Community Transformation - join us.
We have a dream to support the holistic health and well-being of the community with health services, social services, education, a passionate church, and more!
(Explore the Activate Faith Community Precinct Vision here.)
As a paid or volunteer staff member, you can use your time, skills, experience, and passion to help us have a positive impact in our city and world for Jesus. If you’d like to join our staff, check out the current job opportunities from across our Activate network below. All applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org unless stated.
Administrator/Healthcare Assistant – Little London Medical Clinic
Little London Medical Clinic is a boutique general medical practice in central Hamilton city overlooking the beautiful Waikato awa. We are Hamilton’s longest established GP practice, bringing the best in care and support for the health and wellbeing of our patients and community for well over 100 years.
We are looking for an Administrator/Healthcare Assistant to join our team. In this combined role, you will provide administrative support to Practice Manager and GP’s.
Hours per week: 32 hours per week (22hrs reception and 10hrs Health Care Assistant)
- Schedule day to day administration of a healthcare
- Direct functioning of an organisation and guide the staff to deliver healthcare
- Maintain strategies in handling administration based on the need of the patient
- Aiding General Practitioners and Nurses and other medical persons in handling medical reports and other documentation
- Providing support to person admitting patients
- Preparing inventories and placing orders for medical supplies
- Providing comfort to acute and chronic patients
- Developing performance measures, analysing and reporting to the management
- Providing database, log, schedule and medical records and updating them promptly
- Learning and assisting with general data collection processes to gather contact and availability of healthcare information from identified websites and reference material
- Health advocate providing training health providers
- Complete timesheets for payroll purposes
- Create invoices and receipt of patient payments
- Maintain patient records
- Assisting nurse where necessary
- Restocking treatment consumables
- Cleaning/Sterilizing medical instruments
- Housekeeping duties
- Administrative tasks
A bit about you:
- At least one year medical environment experience
- Friendly telephone manner
- Great at building relationships with staff and patients
- Attention to detail and organised
- Is committed to quality patient service, including respect for confidentiality
If you are keen to join our fabulous team, please email your application before
10 December 2021 to Renate at email@example.com
Practice Manager – Little London Medical Clinic
Quality care with a family feel.
We have a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join well-established practice with a great team of dedicated doctors and nurses. They pride themselves on their service, team culture, and professionalism in all aspects of the business. They have become a cornerstone in the Healthcare sector in Hamilton City and are now looking to grow and evolve ensuring they are the number one choice.
Lead an expert team into the future.
This is a busy leadership position that will cover several domains including team leadership, HR management, business management, operational support and the general operations of their busy and successful practice.
QUALIFICATIONS & NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
A relevant tertiary qualification (ideally in health management)
- At least 3+ years’ management experience
- Excellent financial management skills and be comfortable operating accounting packages in a practice setting
- Strong experience in Human Resources and payroll in a practice setting
- A passion for diversity and inclusion
- A customer service orientation and emphasis on team cohesion and shared outcomes
- A desire to understand and appreciate Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application in our Practice and how it shapes our efforts.
- A passion for playing a part in improving population and whanau health in Kirikiriroa.
Over the last 100 years, Little London has focussed on working with the best health professionals who are driven by a passion to change the health outcomes for all Hamiltonians.
This dynamic and diverse team have worked together to create an enjoyable and unique workplace that puts a smile on your face when you walk through the doors as well as a fire in your belly to achieve your goals and visions for the Practice.
This role has it all and allows you to apply your skills and to be involved in business development while making a difference to the health of our community.
You will also be able to utilise your exceptional communication and relationship skills to further enhance our values focussed team environment delivering top quality care to all patients.
EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST TODAY!
If you are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives whilst working within an environment which enables you to connect with your local community. We would love to meet you.
Please apply online or to firstname.lastname@example.org with your covering letter and CV. Applications close 5pm 22nd January 2022.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Other Opportunities in our network
Roles in Hamilton
Deputy Campus Manager - seek.co.nz/job/55553706
Mechanical Engineering Tutor - visioncollege.ac.nz/about-us/employment-opportunities/
NZBAT Tutor - seek.co.nz/job/55602883
Roles out of Hamilton
Ultimate Tutor - Christchurch - seek.co.nz/job/55622710
Literacy and Numeracy Tutor - Christchurch - seek.co.nz/job/55640690