As a volunteer or staff member, you can use your time, skills, experience and passion to help us have a positive impact in our city and world for Jesus. To register your interest for volunteer opportunities, email Jess Sole at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know where your skillset lies and where you’d like to volunteer.
If you’d like to join our staff, check out our current job opportunities below. All applications are to be sent to email@example.com
We are looking for committed, motivated and skilled tradies to join our PropertyLink team. We have a part time and full time opportunity available. This is a varied role, where no two days are the same! You’ll have the opportunity to work in a variety of areas, including property maintenance, painting, water blasting, deck and fence construction and bathroom upgrades as well as lawn mowing and section maintenance – it just depends on the client. This is a role where you’ll use your initiative and be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
PropertyLink is a social enterprise and part of Community Link Trust, so you’ll be able to use your people skills to make a difference in our community. We are an awesome team with a difference – we are people-focused and want to see people in our community connected with the support they need.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A full, clean drivers licence
- A Trade Certificate/Apprenticeship
- Experience in building, section maintenance, gardening, painting and general handyman work
- A healthy regard for safety and safe working practices
- A passion for seeing people supported in the community
- The ability to work by themselves, and in a team
If this sounds like you, please send your application to: Jess Sole, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Jess on 07 855 0260
TEENLINK YOUTH WORKER (BOYS AND YOUNG MEN)
We’re looking for a passionate and committed youth worker to join our team, working with boys and young men predominantly in the Fairfield/Enderley area in Hamilton. This is a part time, ongoing role, and we operate on a flexi-hours basis. This role would suit someone studying towards their social science, psychology or education degree. TeenLink provides a mentoring programme for at-risk youth and is part of Community Link Trust – a Christian organisation that supports and strengthens our community by responding to needs, challenges and opportunities. Community Link offers practical solutions for families and individuals facing challenging life issues.
As a TeenLink Youth Worker, you’ll:
- Mentor 9-18 year old boys and young men, providing them with strategies and empowering them to effectively manage themselves to deal with life’s obstacles in positive and appropriate ways
- Engage with the community, leveraging your emotional intelligence, social intelligence and ability to relate to all kinds of people to manage relationships with youth, their whanau, schools and various community organisations
- Collate resources and be creative in bringing them together to help implement change for your clients.
- Use your initiative – how many clients you have depends on you. We envisage this role will cover around 20 clients.
- Effectively manage your time to ensure your clients are being seen and all paperwork is filled out correctly and filed on time for auditing.
Skills and Experience – You’ll have:
- Genuine passion for seeing young people empowered to make positive change in their lives
- Initiative – you’ll need to be motivated and a self-starter to engage with the community and see where you can meet needs
- Strong time management skills
- High level of social and emotional intelligence
- Ability to engage, gain trust and communicate with a range of people from youth, to their families, to school principals and community organisations
- Good understanding of Te Ao Māori and the Treaty of Waitangi
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
If working with youth in a role where you’ll have influence and the ability to really help sounds like you, please email your covering letter and CV by 24th April 2018 to email@example.com